Coke & Worcestershire Sausages
|2 "U"||Kielbasa sausage|
|2/3 can||Coca Cola or R.C. Cola (Pepsi doesn't work well)|
Slice Kielbasa into 3/8" to 1/2" thick slices. Fry on Medium until browned on both sides.
Drain excess grease off in strainer. Place back in frying pan to continue frying. Add Coke. Stir occasionally.
Fry until Coke has been cooked down about 1/2 way. Add Worcestershire Sauce. Stir occasionally.
Cook until a glaze has formed on the sausages from the Coke and Worcestershire sauce.
- over yakisoba, Marco Polo or similar noodles
- over white or fried rice
- mixed with potatoes (red potatoes recommended)
- with corn, zuchini, squash or broccoli
Variation: Hawaiian Style
Cook with the sausage:
- 1/2 to 1 cup of sweet yellow onion such as a Walla Walla
- 2 bell peppers (yellow or red preferred) chopped into small to medium size pieces
Just before cooking is finished:
- add 1 large can of chunk pineapple (mostly drained)
- Beer & Low-Sodium Soy Sauce (do not use regular as it is quite salty enough without) -- Add the beer instead of the Coke and the soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce
- Teriyaki & Honey -- Cook sausage until it is browned as much as you like it. Drain then add the teryaki & honey at the same time. It is finished when the teriyaki sauce has cooked off just enough to form a glaze with the honey.